Monday, January 3, 2011

“The world is but a canvas to the imagination.” Thoreau

Today, the beginning of a new year...at school. Feeling refreshed. Not taking myself to seriously. Giving myself a break. Being honest. For the first time in over a month, I drew. And, with my students. It is so relaxing to draw, doodle, explore on paper. I love my job. I love art.

Kim, a great friend at work who always lifts me up brought me a new book. "Random is a marvelous word--it indicates a certain faith and wandering." (Living Juicy, Daily Morcels for your Creative Soul by Sark). I love the thought of being okay with the randomness of who I am...as a person and as an artist.

I am not seeking happiness this year, as I listen to the advise of my pastors at church. I have no expectations of my house being complete so I can enjoy cooking more or entertaining. I do want to seek to know God more closely. Like a friend that you just can't get enough of. He knows who I am, and by knowing who He is, I will know myself better. I truly believe, as I heard on Sunday, that happiness will follow. P.S. I am going to try to be more responsible though. God has called us all to "attend to our flocks" and I want to do a better job of taking care of what has been given to me.

Peaceful. The feeling is sometimes fleeting. But, I love this feeling whenever I let it get a hold of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment