Monday, October 19, 2009

Cheap Therapy...

I have really been wondering if I should see a therapist, get drugs, or drink more. Not kidding. I've been anxious and worried and not able to RE-mother-!#$*lax. That is a Cameron term. I know that I have the "right" college degree...."Communication Studies" because some of my classes ring in my head frequently. I really think if I can communicate my "issues" clearly.....through ART, the poor friend that ends up hearing too much, talking to Ben, or writing than I can deal with what life puts in my path. Lately that has been hard.

Yesterday's therapy came in the form of conversation with the parents, some "free" food, and two glasses of cheap wine (sorry dad, not trying to call you out. I don't have a problem with cheap wine!). I got to hear the "been there, done that" story from my parents. The, "I was pregnant with you when your dad got fired 2 times, and we moved 5 times. Lived on a mattress at Granny's house, Grampa wasn't even living at home. Lived in a hotel. Lived with friends. Didn't have a pot to piss in," story.

It helped.

Inquire the story of others! Get out of your box. I'm trying to "take off my grumpy shoes."

No comments:

Post a Comment