Monday, September 26, 2011

Untitled

This morning I choose (for the first time in months) to start the day reading the bible, instead of reading facebook (pathetic, I know).

This is some of Luke 1, totally paraphrased:

"Mary, you have nothing to fear. God has a suprise for you: You will become pregnant."

Mary was scared. "An angel answered, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, the power of the Hightest will hover over you." How could you not feel better?

Mary, a virgin, became pregnant. God spoke. God answered. Mary, was a willing recepient of Gods will. "Nothing you see, is impossible with God" (v.37). "And Mary said, Yes, I see it all now: I'm the Lord's maid, ready to serve. Let it be with me just as you say." (v. 38)

------

I was reading from the Message, which I think is a little out there, but I liked the change of tone.
And, it was exactly what I needed to hear. I am by no means Mary. But, I do believe that me getting pregnant was as much of a God thing as it was anything. I was petrified of getting pregnant again. Until, Ben said, "hey, wanna have another kid?" I freaked out. Then, with a lot of praying and some good Christian company, I really felt like God said, "don't be afraid. Another kid will be different, but it will be a gift from Me. It will be yours, for a while, and it will be a blessing to others." I saw siblings that were equal gifts, each a blessing, and my fears were calmed.

My house and the details of my "life" are so often a disaster. But, God is so much bigger than those details. And, I needed a reminder. Amazing that I found it with a half attempted search.

No comments:

Post a Comment