Friday, October 14, 2011

Texts

I love the text updates I often get throughout the day from my amazing caregiver, my mom. This was today:

"But my mouth doesn't want to stop whining."

"Do you know why I don't like macaroni? Because it has holes in it and it hurts my belly."

"The peanut butter sandwich doesn't want me to eat it...and I'm going to do whatever it says."

"I want pistachios because they always make my belly feel better."

"Ama, what are you writing?" "Oh, a grocery list."

This sums up Charlotte this week. Difficult. There aren't many weeks like this, but this week has been a rough one. She challenges everything you say. "Do you want nuggets, and peas?" Yes, she will respond. And, then give you every excuse under the sun as to why she should not eat it.

The funny thing is, she knows she's being annoying. In the car each afternoon this week, she has given herself a lecture. A lecture on: listening, not using your whiny voice, and using nice words. She gets it. Hopefully she will start listening to her own lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment