Monday, November 28, 2011

A place called home.

How we ended up here is complicated. If we make it through these projects alive, married, and with completion it will be a miracle. The pregnancy hormones mixed with the FB posts of every body's perfect homes with perfect trees are about to throw me over the edge. That said, major accomplishments have been made, that I need to give note to. These pictures are blurry, but you know what, so is my attitude. It is fitting.

COUNTER-TOPS!! CABINETS!! Whooo-hoooo! This is huge. I will soon have space for our minimalist "stuff." A "new-to-us" stove via good friends. The rest of the counter tops should be here this week!! The little pic to the right...this is so the washer lid doesn't hit me in the face :) And, it is attached to MORE SHELVES! I dream of being organized, my house being tidy. And, be careful what you wish for, I know. It has been kind of nice having a loooong list of excuses as to why I can't cook, or clean, or yada yada.


A vacuum that works! Thank you black Friday. A door on our pantry. And,
a super cool new mailbox. I'm ready for your Christmas cards to arrive!

So, amidst the chaos of our so called home...there has been a lot of headway. I am very appreciative of my husband for sacrificing sleep and working on his very hurt foot. I am trying to be patient, but I'm not doing a very good job at it. Please pray for my patience, that I will pitch in and help joyfully, that I will focus on the true meaning of Christmas, not compare my situation to others, and that I won't get wrapped up in unnecessary details.

Jesus was born in a manger. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment