Saturday, November 28, 2009

10 p.m.


Ben's second full time job right now is the Hampton House. Usually as I go to bed, he is just getting started on the house. I just got him to contribute to my blogging...he sent me this picture of what they are working on downstairs! It doesn't give their hard work justice though.
The house update: Downstairs is going to have 2 bedrooms. (One quite small, that Zach is going to live in; the other a good size for Zach. Zach is a good friend of Andrew's that has been living there for a while. We like him :)) A bathroom, washer/dryer, living room & kitchen. So basically it is like a duplex now, I suppose.
The downstairs is framed out. Rusty (THANK YOU!) is there now helping/doing the electrical work. They are calling the plumber this week. And, then it is insulation and sheet rock. Then Andrew & Zach move downstairs. And we can start nesting :)

Andrew says they will be downstairs next week. Who knows. Ben says Charlotte is going to get a new room for Christmas. Who knows.
All I know is that for my own peace of mind...and so I don't continue to drive those boys crazy: I'm putting up a Christmas tree here in my comfy little basement I call home. For now.
I did help some over the break. The backyard is almost clean! It doesn't look like dirty nasty people live here any more :) (There was a TON of junk in the backyard that came out of the back garage from the last owners.)
I've made friends with the men at the dump. They laugh at me as I've driven my stylin' truck, and attempted to back it up & unload it.
My new studio to be is almost cleaned up. I'm just waiting on some $$ so I can put up insulation & sheet rock. Ben hung a swing in the middle, so Charlotte is happy while I'm cleaning. Well, actually Charlotte is always happy...and loves to clean. What a gal!
I feel relaxed & thankful. Thankful for a roof under my head. Thankful for my friends. Thankful for my family. Thankful I know that my hope is not in this world.
Are you wondering why I am awake at 10pm? Coffee at 5 pm. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment